Brink: Dedicated Server FAQ

frEEzEr

Brink: Dedicated Server FAQ

Ungelesener Beitrag von frEEzEr »

We’ve always been dedicated to our PC fanbase, and with Brink hitting shelves in less than two weeks, we’re here today to clarify just what we have in store for PC players regarding dedicated server support.

One additional note before we get down to business — we’re currently shooting to have Brink available to pre-load on Steam prior to the game’s release. We’ll have more specific info on that in the days to come.

Now, let’s get this FAQing underway:

What is the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server?
The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server allows anyone to run multiplayer servers for the PC version of Brink. As the server is standalone, it does not require a full version of Brink to be installed and is completely free.

Where will I be able to get the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server?
The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server will be available for download via Steam prior to release. Once the server is available, you can simply browse to the Tools tab in your Steam client and grab it from there.

Will I be able to run several instances of the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server on a single machine?
Yes. The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server comes with several pre-made bat files that automatically define different ports for each instance. It’s also possible for you to set your own, custom ports.

In terms of available game options, how customizable will the Brink Standalone Dedicated Server be?
The Brink Standalone Dedicated Server includes several different game configuration files covering all of the regular game modes, including campaign, stopwatch, objective, and co-op challenges. In addition, there are a variety of server-side commands available that allow you to further customize your server, including team sizes, time limits and overtime, warm-up rules, friendly fire, voice chat, availability of Command Post buffs, rank restrictions, number of bots, and password.

I represent a Game Server Provider. How can my company offer servers for Brink?
Easy! Once the Standalone Dedicated Server is available on Steam, you’ll be able to start getting Brink game servers up for your customers. We’re currently aiming to have the server files available before release so you’ll be all set when the game comes out.

>>>Quelle<<<
Marc3l
Re: Brink: Dedicated Server FAQ

Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc3l »

Im groben habe ich mir über das Game aus Zeitmangel noch keine Gedanken gemacht , allerdings klingen Serverfiles zum Download schonmal toll :good: .
Bild

Bild
frEEzEr

Re: Brink: Dedicated Server FAQ

Ungelesener Beitrag von frEEzEr »

update:
The Brink PC dedicated server is now available in the “Tools” section of Steam. We expect an updated version of the server will also be released in a few hours.

>>>Quelle<<<
Antworten