Brink: Config Tool

frEEzEr

Brink: Config Tool

Ungelesener Beitrag von frEEzEr »

EDIT: I would like to make it crystal clear that this tool was never meant to be perceived as the "official brink config tool". My wording may have confused some out there on the internets, but it was simply the official config tool of brink. As in, we the moderators of /r/Brink are promoting this tool and I will respond to you personally if you have issues.

Also, it should be painfully obvious to you as PC gamers but messing with cvars could cause unwanted effects. You can see your autoexec output easily so you know I am not doing anything behind your backs. :)

Been working on this since release and I think it's good enough for a v1 release.

This version may be buggy until I get a wide sample of machines to test it with. Let me know if something crops up.

Requirements:

Windows XP or 7 with .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Features:

Free. Obviously! But if you want to donate to me personally for whatever reason, send me a PayPal gift. I accept upvotes just the same.

Actual working cvars. I didn't add cvars that don't work or aren't supported by Brink. I took time to research each cvar, verify the function and test the performance. There are other tools out right now but I was annoyed by data entry and wanted a fun project to give back to the community.

Auto-updating. If a new version gets dropped, you'll know when you start the application. You don't need to come back here and re-download the setup.exe ever again. One and done, gents.

Hosted on Amazon so it should always be available and fast. I'll accept Reddit server jokes here.

Fluid and efficient design. Tab order makes sense. Use keyboard shortcuts to save (ALT+S) test (ALT+P), or exit (ALT+E). Yes, that is right, you can launch the game right from the app and it'll save your settings before hand.

Fast updating for hardly any effort. See a bug? Message me. I can probably fix & deploy the update within minutes. This game doesn't wait.

Upcoming Features

Multiple profiles.
Exportation and importation of profiles.
Online database of profiles (made by us!) to easily fetch the best config for your system.
Whatever you guys want beyond configuration is possible. There is a Steam login API now so it's quite possible to begin friends/achievements/servers integration.

FAQ

If you have an issue, you can message me directly if you'd like.
Don't like animations? Click the gear icon and turn em off. They'll stay off forever thanks to locally stored preferences.
How do I know this is safe? I've released fairly popular software before with a strong following (BFBC2 server tool with something like 38,000 unique downloads). If you think something's fishy, ask to see the source!
Why do I need to install something to change cvars? It's a safety feature so you know the app is running in a sandbox and cannot make malicious changes. It also allows for safe storage of preferences, and continually updated code.

Thanks for trying it out!

UPDATED:

All sliders have text input as well now
Greatly improved the automation for guessing directories and creating files. Please let me know if you stumble across an issue that causes it to fail. If it can't find it on it's own, click the folder icon to the right of the Game Location and go drill down into the directory where autoexec.cfg lives. Click OK and it should re-configure itself.
Added some validation for it crashing when people hadn't selected a resolution. You must select one now.
Fixed fov, using ui_fov now.
Improved validation decorator so you know why you can't save.

UPDATED: 5/19

Fixed the Steam location issue people were having.
Added Steam location to the main window to easily verify/change.

UPDATED: 5/22

In case you're still following this discussion..

Renamed "Image Quality" to a more appropriate "Image Filter"
Added a very description tooltip to "Image Filter" so you can be better informed on how it can affect visual quality.
Added "Level of Detail", with 4 settings. Smoothest, Smooth, Sharp (default), and Sharpest.
Deprecated "Portals". According to Splash Damage, it is never a good time to turn it off.
Deprecated "Render Mode" (aka r_useThreadedRenderer) from UI as it is not supported in Brink.
Added "View Distance Multiplier" slider (scales from 0.8-1.2). Not sure if Brink can even take advantage of it, with the small maps it has.
Added "Wait for Vertical Sync"
Added "Brightness" slider
Added "Gamma" slider
Added "Show Gun"
Added "Show Lag'O'Meter"
Added "Mute Game on Lose Focus"
Added "Mute VOIP on Lose Focus"
Reversed the old Skip Intro checkbox for continuity.
Fixed bug causing FOV to be reset to 70 each time the app starts.
Set default values for all cvars which don't already exist in the autoexec.cfg, in case you are unsure of what it should be.
Re-arranged the UI to separate regular graphics options from advanced, and added a third column to make room for future cvars and functions.
Buttonized Base Directory: it will open the config directory in your Explorer.
Buttonized Config Path: it will open the autoexec.cfg file in your default text editor.

Bild

>>>Download Brinkkit Config Tool<<<

>>>Quelle<<<
Marc3l
Re: Brink: Config Tool

Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc3l »

THX

Schau ich mir mal an :).
Bild

Bild
Antworten